Friday, July 11, 2008

Allison's Answers

1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
I remember being read to a lot plus my mom was a teacher.
2. What are some books you read as a child?
Berenstain Bears, Beatrix Potter, Ramona Quimby
3. What is your favorite genre?
Literary fiction
4. Do you have a favorite novel?
To Kill A Mockingbird
5. Where do you usually read?
On the couch or on my porch
6. When do you usually read?
Weekend days
7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
No, I usually read one book over a couple of days rather than drag several books out for weeks.
8. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
No but I also don't read a lot of nonfiction.
9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
This is embarrassing given my profession but I usually buy them. I've found this to be true of most librarians so I don't feel too bad.
10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them?
If I love a book I keep it, otherwise I give them away.
11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child?
I don't have children but I tend to gravitate towards Eric Carle books when reading to kids or giving gifts. Today I read The Very Hungry Catapillar and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? to my nephew.
12. What are you reading now?
Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama, of course
13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?
Yes, see "Allison's Bookshelf" under Links
14. What’s next?
Something fun, maybe a Jennifer Weiner book or the new Lauren Weisberger book.
15. What books would you like to reread?
There's too much I want to read for the first time so I don't think I'll be rereading anything in the near future.
16. Who are your favorite authors?
Ian McEwan, Margaret Atwood, Anne Tyler

2 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for doing this. I was afraid it was too big of a task.

I meant to put Ian MacEwan and Margaret Atwood too!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, it was fun and took no time at all! Everyone should do it!