Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Liz's Answers

This only took me 5 minutes!

1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
No. I don't remember not loving to read.
2. What are some books you read as a child?

Dr. Seuss, Curious George, the Shoes books, Beverly Cleary
3. What is your favorite genre?
Literary fiction
4. Do you have a favorite novel?
The Cider House Rules, Emma, Atonement, East of Eden, or The Post-Birthday World
5. Where do you usually read?
In bed. Before I had a child, I read on the sofa in the living room. Sometimes I still read there if he's asleep.
6. When do you usually read?
Naptime on weekends and before bed during the week. Sometimes at lunch.
7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
Yes.
8. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
No.
9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
I check most of them out from the library. Property is a sin! (I'm not serious about that. But I do hate accumulating things. And I love libraries.)
10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them?
I try to give them away unless they are an absolute favorite or a reference book.
11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child?
Green Eggs and Ham, The Little House, Goodnight Moon (yes, yes, no)
12. What are you reading now?

Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama and Careless in Red by Elizabeth George
13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?
Yes, you can view it here.
14. What’s next?
The History of Love by Nicole Kraus.
15. What books would you like to reread?

Emma, The Cider House Rules, The Post-Birthday World
16. Who are your favorite authors?
Jane Austen, George Eliot, Philip Pullman, Elizabeth George

No comments: