Monday, August 31, 2009

North Carolina Literary Festival


Coming up the weekend of September 12th is the North Carolina Literary Festival, being held at UNC. I really enjoyed it when it was last held in 2006, at Duke. I believe a group of us went to listen to Barbara Kingsolver. I think it would be fun to do something similar this year. There are several evening keynotes, including John Grisham, but most of the authors will be speaking throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday. One of my favorite sessions at the 2006 festival was a conversation between Allan Garganus and Ann Patchett. Garganus is speaking several times at this year's festival so he's definitely on my list of must-see authors. Take a look at the schedule and let me know if you'd be interested in making this a group outing.

2 comments:

Edith said...

Oh wow. I miss the NC Lit Fest. I will be in town the weekend of the 26th for the Pig Pickin. You guys should come! It's on Sat at 3pm in Apex.

Liz said...

I would like to go to the Elizabeth Strout event and to some of the kids stuff. (I want to get Charlie's picture taken with Clifford, the big RED dog!!)