Monday, March 16, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife: The Sequel

Not a sequel, but Audrey Niffenegger, author of The Time Traveler's Wife, will have her second book out in the fall. It is titled Her Fearful Symmetry and according to this article it is "supernatural story about twins who inherit an apartment near a London cemetery and become embroiled in the lives of the building’s other residents and the ghost of their aunt, who left them the flat."

Speaking of The Time Traveler's Wife, Liz informed me that the movie version has been pushed back to February 2010. In other book/movie news, I read in Entertainment Weekly that Julia Roberts will star in "Eat, Pray, Love."

4 comments:

Pam said...

*clap* I was JUST discussing The Time Traveler's Wife with another blogger. i was whining that she hadn't written anything else and how I wish she would.

I hate to hear the movie has been pushed back. I was looking forward to seeing that later this year.

I had hear Julia Roberts would be in Eat Pray Love. The entire time I read that book I was picturing "Juliette" from LOST. I think she looks so remarkably similar to Gilbert.

Liz said...

So exciting. The fact that Niffeneger wrote the entire book before selling it makes me respect her more, for some reason.

Pam, you are right, Juliette DOES look like Elizabeth Gilbert. And Julia Roberts is very entertaining, but her personal magnetism is just going to take over the character. I can't see her as the lost and clinically depressed character Gilbert was in the beginning of the book.(But maybe she will defy expectations, with a good director!)

Emilia said...

I can't wait for the new book!! (and, BTW, I've infiltrated your blog...)

:)

Allison said...

We welcome all infiltrators. :)