Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Atlas Shrugged is absurd but strangely compellling . . ."

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand is one of many highly read, often cited books that I have never read. I read The Fountainhead in high school and liked it, but then later learned that Rand was a brutal capitalist and haven't been as impressed with it since. Has anyone read Atlas Shrugged? This review certainly makes me interested. Maybe it would be a good choice for the January book one year? I must admit one reason I'm interested is because every now and then it gets discussed on Mad Men!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allison said...

I read Anthem in high school and liked it and have also wanted to read Atlas Shrugged ever since. I think it would be a great January pick.

Katie said...

Im not an Ann Rand fan at all!
But Ill be a good sport if i have to. ;)