Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sonya's Mystery Nominations

At last night's meeting we discussed mysteries briefly, but thought it would be best to put some nomination here on the blog and open up some discussion before making a final decision. I'm not a mystery reader, but I did a little research and have two nominations. I thought maybe we could post comments to each nomination, and other folks with nominations could put posts of their own up to get comments on those. The two I found were:

  • The Way Life Should Be by Terry Shaw. This is a murder myster set in a small Maine town- a newspaper editor starts investigating his friend's murder and tries to track dow the real killer. What I thought was most intereseting about this one was that it was selected for publication by a social networking site, Gather- members reviewed and voted on their favorite work to be published.
  • Murder for Hire- The Peruvian Pigeon. This one is set in a murder mystery acting troupe- bodies start piling up during one of their performances, so the woman in charge of the troupe tries to solve the mystery. The plot reminded me of last year's book, and I know a lot of us enjoyed that one.

Please don't think these are our only two choices- I just wanted to start the conversation. Also, I figure if we can choose a book online by 1/25 or so, that will give Cindy time to read the book and tell us where to stop by late February.

No comments: