Tuesday, September 8, 2009

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake


This post is on the food side of things but I was so excited by it, I had to share. Tonight I was craving something sweet but didn't have anything in the house. I remembered seeing this single-serving chocolate cake recipe all over the internet this summer and I decided tonight was the night to try it. There are all kinds of variations but the basic premise is that you scale a chocolate cake recipe to one or two servings, pour it in a mug, and microwave it for a few minutes. I chose this recipe randomly and it was a success! It wasn't the best chocolate cake I've ever had but it was very good for taking less than 5 minutes. It would have been even better with ice cream -- maybe next time.

2 comments:

Liz said...

My dear friend told me how to do this with brownie mix, but I like the "from-scratch" aspect of this one.

Allison said...

I've never heard of a brownie mix one. I like the from scratch idea too since I likely have those ingredients in my house. I don't just have brownie mixes around.