Sunday, June 28, 2009

Nine

That's the number of books I packed for a 1 week trip to Poland. Not a vacation. A business trip. Five are packed in my suitcase. Four are in my carry-on. Only 2 are for work. (1 each in carry on and in suitcase.) The five in my suitcase?
  1. A Song for Summer by Eva Ibbotson
  2. Swimming Lessons by Mary Alice Monroe
  3. the last Sookie Stackhouse book (#9)
  4. Coming of Age in Second Life (work book)
  5. The Believers b (Zoe Heller)
The 4 in my carry-on?
  1. Infinite Jest (all 1000+ pages)
  2. the 8th Sookie Stackhouse book
  3. The Survey Interview of the Future
  4. the 7th Sookie Stackhouse book (already finished, on the flight from RDU to JFK)
Posting from the JFK airport.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow, nine, that's impressive. Please report back on how many you finish. For my four-day trip to NYC, I packed zero. I just didn't foresee much free time for reading and didn't want to lug around books I wouldn't get to. However, my four-day trip became a five-day one after a flight cancellation and a book would have come in handy for all that unexpected airport time.