Friday, May 16, 2008

Never Enough Books

Last weekend, I was watching CBS Sunday Morning (yes, I'm an old person) and I saw the sweetest story about a couple and their book collection. One million books! He was a farmer and has gradually turned building after building on their farm, including a manure tank, into book storage facilities and a book store. She was a professor and at one point he sold his cows so that he could attend graduate school with her, typing all of her papers. Watch this video, it will make you feel good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed watching this video. Thanks!

Liz said...

Wonderful! You know it took me a while to watch it, because I hate clicking on that YouTube icon on blogs . . . But I loved it so much! I'm going there the next time I go to Wisconsin!! (I'm still smiling about it.)

Liz said...

She must be a King Arthur fan. The King Arthur room was mentioned and the manure building was refashioned as a medieval castle. I wonder if she taught Arthurian literature. That alone makes me want to check out her store.

Allison said...

Yeah, I was reluctant to embed a video but I felt like this was a story everyone would enjoy.