Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Bookish Blog Meme

I have not been posting for a while. Does anyone still check this blog? I hope you still do! There is kind of a neat blog out there, called Booking Through Thursday. They ask all their readers to respond to a conversation point related to books every Thursday, and post links to their blogs in the comments. (Called a meme, does anybody else in First the Food land do blog memes? It reminds me of pen pal friendship books. Those were so awesome!)

Until I get better ideas for things to post, I will be copying their Thursday memes.

Today's is:

"How about a chance to play editor-in-chief? Fill in the blanks:

__________ would have been a much better book if ______________________."

Does anybody have any thoughts?

5 comments:

Liz said...

Here's my only thought. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows would have been a much better book if the Snape story was integrated with the whole book rather than just compiled in one chapter.

Anonymous said...

This is a tough one. I can't even recall the plotlines of most books I've read. But please do continue to post these on Thursdays. I looked through some of their other recent ones and I think they would be fun to answer.

I have never heard of these friendship books. They must have been before my time.

Liz said...

Yes, they must have been before your time. I did them when I was about 10 or 11? You had to be really into pen palling to do it. It's just like that wiki entry describes. You would write your name, address, and interests or answer to a question in a little booklet, then mail it to a pen pal. Kind of like a round robin letter but not in a circle. Does nobody have pen pals anymore because of the Internet? I wonder.

Marina said...

Pride and Prejudice would have been a much better book if Mary Bennett had married Mr. Collins. At least it would have been more amusing...

Liz said...

Marina, that is an excellent one!! I totally agree. Mary would have been so thrilled to marry Mr. Collins! I wonder if he would have known what to do with her.