Friday, February 22, 2008

VALIS?

So did anyone else watch Lost last night? I'm trying to read Internet comments but am annoyed by all the comments about Sawyer's bedroom scene (not that I didn't enjoy it) and people gloating that they caught the twist all along. I for one didn't see it coming, but I've read enough online to know that the book featured in the beginning, VALIS by Philip K. Dick, holds clues to the episode and series ending overall. So, has anyone read this book? I glanced at the Wikipedia entry and promptly decided even that is too complicated for me to understand, so I was hoping for a simpler summary. Judging from the description, I'm glad we read A Scanner Darkly because Dick seems to get way more complex in his other works.

2 comments:

Liz said...

gloat, gloat. ;)

Liz said...

So I finally tried to read that description of VALIS too. It is too confusing! It looks interesting.