Wednesday, February 13, 2008

U2 3D

If you're even a moderate U2 fan, and you haven't been to see U2 3D, you should go. Russ took me last night for Valentine's Day (we celebrate on the night we can get a babysitter!) and it was so good. It's like being at a concert, but with an omniscient perspective - you can see all Bono, Larry, Edge and Adam's pores, hair follicles, sweat beads, etc. You see the enormous Argentinian crowd from their perspective.

It's interesting to see how they have their work stations set up around the stage. Also you get to see how they interact with each other, to me which is the real artistry and beauty of U2, the connection that these 4 men have been able to build and maintain for 30 years now.

Seriously, go see it, it's not something you'll be able to experience at home on video.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Wait a minute- how'd you get to see it early? I thought it didn't come out until 2/22- I'd love to see the movie. I've been trying to get into a concert the last two tours, but they have such an extensive fan club that the shows sell out before they go on sale to the public.

We also did Valentine's on a day we could get a sitter- we went to Bin 54 on Monday- yum!

Liz said...

At the Imax! I thought it was playing in regular theaters now too but I guess not. It will be at the Imax until 2/22. I wanted to go to the Imax to have an even more enhanced experience. But it may be better in a regular theater because it wasn't filmed for Imax; it was filmed for regular 35 mm.

I recommend just giving in and joining the fan club next time they go on tour. It's only $25-30 for a year membership, and it does help you get the tickets. That's how we got tickets in 2005. U2 keeps their ticket prices relatively low ($75 instead of $100) so the extra fee for the fan club is worth it. I'll do it again for the next tour.